I did two 9-10 chats recently, and found them pretty busy
...
10/5: patron looking for his/her library #...that was relatively easy to take care of
English words with no vowels...I gave student the 'y' exception and some words (I think this was an international student), and found out that there are quite a few welsh and scottish words that have no vowels.
How to find a book on reserve. The book was not there, it was out. So, advised student to contact prof. I think.
10/12 Student wanted a journal article, date not covered in databases. Told him/her about ill.
Early morning California question...is school closed today? No not even in California
Did the library have At Issue and Opposing Viewpoints books? Yes, Opposing, no At Issue. But of course referred student to databases.
At what age can a student not pay taxes? Well, never, that I know. Referred to IRS.gov and individuals. Also, explained a bit about getting all taxes back if you don't make enough money...
Is there enough information on "convincing people not to smoke" to do a persuasive speech....of course there is! Referred to opposing viewpoints and american cancer society and bio abstracts
And, finally! How to get to JStor...an easy one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment