Monday, November 2, 2009

I had two questions today:

What is the concept of elasticity in economics and how does a market manager use the concept of elasticity in order to determine competitive and pricing strategy? The definition was easy to find using Credo but the later half of the question was more difficult. There were some brief references to the use of price elasticity in setting prices in the encyclopedic literature but it took a lot of time to find it. I emailed one to the patron and then recommended we look some in the journal literature. He signed off before we could do so.


The other person simply wanted to renew a book online but was being asked for a pin. The catalog page for renewing books only asked for an 8-digit ID number and user last name. The person got in using this information but still seem to be having trouble. She said she would rather call her library. I gave her some phone numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment