Friday, September 25, 2009

My September chats

09/04:
Isn't simple nice? pt1
"Is 'X' book available?"


09/11:
QFD... need a dictionary
looked it up, sent a link, but call was lost.

access
looked like article access from on-campus only (files Restricted to University IP addresses), follow-up by patron librarian: email suggesting proxy changes for off campus use.

Isn't simple nice? pt2
library hours
survy submitted on this question... very interesting... totally blank

No, wait, I can get that

Student wanted virtual tour link, realized they were not in their local chat, and signed off... 1sec before I sent the link.

Full text
Easy enough, yay, step-by-step guide given


09/18:
Isn't simple nice? pt3
sadly (for students) books can't be reserved, pulled and waiting for them ahead of time.

Login problem
unfortunatly, I was unable to solve this. Great help on the Policy page, but the suggestion did not work. I settled for giving the full contact info for patron's refdesk (which was open)

B&S

gave login info, library links for searching topic...google not ok at this point. ;)

missed
QP got super slow, and then went down. as it was the end of my shift anyhow, I was not overly bothered.


09/25:
Oh! So I am doing your homework!

Student: "what is dbZ?"
Me: from NOAA, the answer, with link
Student: and can i ask about "radar reflectivity" objects that mess w return signal thanks
Me: try NOAA's site, with link to topic
Student: also is there a simple explanation to explain thermal gradient on a weather map w isobars? Thanks again
Me: "try searching the NOAA site" not stated: YOURSELF!
Student: bye!

Citation
the first chat I really 'lost' due to errors. sent link to MLA guide. I wanted to make sure the student got the link (if they did not get/read transcript) So I set to 'follow up by my' and sent link via our ref email... looks like I should explore QP more... I thought the 'Answer' button in the chat transcript I have referred to changing the status of the chat, not sending an email via QP. live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment